Welcome to our 2012-2013 Kelly Smith Digital Media Fair site. You'll find all the information you need right here! Look here for new items of discussion. Have a question? Put it in a comment and see your answer here. Good luck this year, and don't forget to start saving those projects now~
Changes for 2012-2013
- The Large Team/Class Blog and Wiki categories will be combined into one category, Large Team/Class Social Media. This category will also include Edmodo and other online classroom tools.
- The Digital Audio category has been eliminated - another move towards reducing the length of the evening for parents, students, and CITs.
- Please name project files the same names as the entry titles.
NOTE: Sound recordings or images must be copyright compliant, or the project will be disqualified. Review the guidelines. Review Copyright Revisited
Changes last year:
Good luck this year!
- Individual/Mini-Teams may now have 1-5 students (versus up to 6 last year).
- Web 2.0 tools may be integrated into any category. The main emphasis will continue to be Academic Focus, so keep that in mind as you select the best application or Web 2.0 tool to use for that project.
- There is no longer a separate Web 2.0 Tools Category.
- The number of entries for all campus levels has changed.
- Elementary maximum entries is 10.
- Middle school maximum entries is 20.
- High school maximum entries is 30.
- All campuses are expected to enter a minimum of 5 entries.
Early Bird Doorprize Drawings for entries turned in early-
Our doorprizes this year include:
and a digital camera!
CITs, you can earn tickets for the doorprize drawings by getting your entries in early. Here's how:
1 ticket for the 1st drawing on Thursday, March 7
if you have 3 projects entered.
1 ticket for the 2nd drawing on Tuesday, March 19
if you have 5 projects entered.
1 ticket for the 3rd drawing on Tuesday, March 26
if you have 10
1 free ticket if you show your staff
one of the promo videos by Friday, March 1
1 free ticket if you include one of the promo videos in your broadcast
by Friday, March 8
Email me when you have done any of the above, and that's when I'll put your ticket in the drawing.